Arcady is please to present the third annual Arcady Emerging Composer Competition for new works for voice and piano.
The award: The winner of Arcady’s 2018 Emerging Composer Competition will have their work premiered during the 2017/18 season by a member of Arcady’s professional chorus. They will also receive one on one sessions with esteemed Canadian composer and Arcady’s Resident Composer and Artistic Director, Ronald Beckett (in person or via Skype).
• Works must be written for solo voice accompanied by piano
• 3-5 minutes in duration
• May be secular or sacred
• Unpublished and unperformed works only
• Rights to texts must be cleared, and evidence of copyright holder’s permission provided
• Composer will retain the copyright of the piece
• Composer may submit up to two compositions (only one entry fee required)
• Arcady will retain winning manuscript for future performances
• Arcady retains the right to not pick a winner if there is no suitable winner
• At the time of submission, composer must be 35 years of age or under
• Proof of age must be provided (copy of driver’s license, etc.) with submission.
• Scores must be submitted via email to email@example.com no later than January 30, 2018 (by 11:59 PM EST at the latest). The subject of the email should be “Arcady 2018 Emerging Composer Competition submission”
• Submission must be accompanied by a $25 entry fee to be paid via PayPal (see website).
• Travel expenses to the premiere are the responsibility of the prize recipient (though composers attendance is not required at the premiere)
• Composer must include a biography and list of works with their submission
• The winner will be notified by March 1, 2018.
For additional information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30 January 2018, 11:59 PM EST
Application Form: Arcady 2018 Emerging Composer Competition Application Form
Guidelines: Arcady 2018 Emerging Composer Competition Guidelines
Ian Guthrie – Washougal, WA (2017) – Winning piece: Song of the Wood
Dylann Miller, Aurora, ON (2017) – Winning piece: Two Irish Blessings
Stephanie Orlando, Toronto, ON (2016) – Winning piece – A dream within a dream