The winning composer will have their work premiered during the 2016/17 season by a member of Arcady’s professional chorus. They will also receive one on one sessions with esteemed Canadian composer and Arcady’s Resident Composer and Artistic Director, Ronald Beckett.
Entry fee: $25
Composer age limit: Composer must be 35 years of age and under at the time of submission.
Due date: Scores must be postmarked no later than January 30, 2017 and accompanied by a cheque made out to Arcady.
* 3-5 minutes in duration
* Unpublished and unperformed works only
* Only works written for solo voice accompanied by piano will be accepted
* Rights to texts must be cleared, and evidence of copyright holder’s permission must be shown
* Composer will retain the copyright of the piece
* Composer may submit up to two compositions
* May be secular or sacred
* Arcady will retain winning manuscript for future performances
* Arcady retains the right to not pick a winner if there is no suitable winner
* Composer must include a biography, list of works, and proof of age (copy of driver’s license, passport, etc.) with submission
* Please include your name, email address, postal address, and phone number(s) in a sealed envelope together with your score. Size of manuscript must not exceed 8 1⁄2 x 14”. No scores will be returned unless a self-addressed mailer and postage are provided. The winner will be notified by March 1.
* Travel expenses to the premiere are the responsibility of the prize recipient.
PO Box 955
Simcoe, Ontario, Canada
For additional information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: January 30, 2017
Download a pdf version here: Arcady 2016 Composition Competition