Arcady is pleased to present the third annual Arcady Emerging Composer Competition for new works for voice and piano.
The award: The winner of Arcady’s 2019 Emerging Composer Competition will have their work premiered during the 2018/19 season by a member of Arcady’s professional chorus. They will also receive a professional quality recording of the piece and one on one sessions with esteemed Canadian composer and Arcady’s Resident Composer and Artistic Director, Ronald Beckett (in person or via Skype).
• Works must be written for solo voice accompanied by piano
• 3-5 minutes in duration
• May be secular or sacred
• Unpublished and unperformed works only
• Rights to texts must be cleared, and evidence of copyright holder’s permission provided
• Composer will retain the copyright of the piece
• Composer may submit up to two compositions
• Arcady will retain winning manuscript for future performances
• Arcady retains the right to not pick a winner if there is no suitable winner
• Composers must self-identify as an emerging composer.
• Scores must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 30, 2019 (by 11:59 PM EST at the latest). The subject of the email should be “Arcady 2019 Emerging Composer Competition submission”
• Travel expenses to the premiere are the responsibility of the prize recipient (though composers attendance is not required at the premiere)
• Composer must include a biography and list of works with their submission
• The winner will be notified by March 1, 2019.
For additional information contact: email@example.com
Deadline: 30 January 2019, 11:59 PM EST
Application Form: Arcady 2018 Emerging Composer Competition Application Form
Guidelines: Arcady 2018 Emerging Composer Competition Guidelines
There is no fee to enter the competition, but applicants may make a donation to the non-profit organization to support the competition if they wish.
Haley Woodrow – Bedford, TX (2018) – Winning piece: Winter Light
Ian Guthrie – Washougal, WA (2017) – Winning piece: Song of the Wood
Dylann Miller, Aurora, ON (2017) – Winning piece: Two Irish Blessings
Stephanie Orlando, Toronto, ON (2016) – Winning piece – A dream within a dream