Arcady extends this opportunity to recent graduates who are seeking professional experience and mentorship. Candidates may include singers, instrumentalists, composers, conductors, poets, and dancers. Candidates should be between the ages of 20-35, a senior student or recent graduate of a university or conservatory, and demonstrate potential in their field. Location is not a factor as Arcady performs in a variety of Toronto or Southwestern Ontario locations. A unique curriculum is developed with each Young Artist in mind, designed to enhance their career in the most beneficial way. Each YAP curriculum is based on this general outline:
- successful candidates will be featured in one or several Arcady performances during the year (varies by season)
- ensemble performance opportunities
- mentorship with seasoned performers
- introduction to contemporary and early music repertoire and techniques
- opportunity to work with composer-in-residence Ronald Beckett
- opportunity to premiere new music by Ronald Beckett composed specifically with the Young Artist in mind.
If interested in auditioning for the Young Artist Program please contact Ron Beckett at firstname.lastname@example.org with a headshot, resume, and letter of intent. Submissions should be received by early fall. Auditions are held on an ongoing basis.